Sheet Pan Dinners are easily becoming one of the most popular ways to create fast meals for your family at a fraction of the time, leaving more ways to create lasting memories with your loved ones gathered around the table.
In fact, in recent years, cooking by way of the sheet pan has taken the world by storm because of its ability to employ shallow baking pans using recipes containing variations of protein, starch, and vegetables. Most of the exponents of this method mention relative affordability, approach-ability, and the ability to pile everything onto the pan, and ending with dinner on the table shortly thereafter. This is just one of the many recipes sure to please featuring a colorful array of veggies and our 4 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.
• 1 medium sweet potato- scrubbed and diced into 1/2- inch-wide pieces
• 3 TBS extra-virgin olive oil – divided
• 1 ¼ tsp. salt -divided • ¾ tsp black pepper
• 1 ¼ pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts- cut into bite-size pieces (approximately 4)
• 2 cups of Broccoli florets
• 1 red bell pepper- cored and sliced into ½ inch pieces
• 1 zucchini- halved and sliced into ½ inch thick half moons
• 1 yellow squash- halved and sliced into ½ inch think half moons
• 1 medium lemon- zest and juiced
• 2 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp garlic power
• 1 tsp onion powder
• ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F making sure to place a rack in the center of the oven *for easy cleanup, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat the foil with nonstick spray.*
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat and then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are beginning to soften on the outsides.
3. Meanwhile, in the same bowl used for the sweet potatoes, place the chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the lemon zest and juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat.
4. Transfer the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sheet pan with the sweet potatoes, spreading everything into an even layer mixing if needed.
5. Return the sheet pan to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve hot.